I finally started working on a skin animation exporter with the hope of merging it with the existing exporter but ended up re-writing the entire exporter.
I wrote a few stand alone scripts over the weekend just to test the python API and see how I can integrate it with nebula. Initially I didn't know much about nebula's animation files and I had to figure it out the hard way, by looking at existing code, specifically the 3DS Max exporter which was a lot of help. Nebula's documentation also offered some help.
By yesterday, I could export animations but my script still has a problem exporting the initial skeleton's pose. I posted my problem on blender's forum and went on with re-writing the rest of the exporter.
The mesh exporter is pretty much done and I just started working on adding animations yesterday. I've already run into a problem with transform animations though, I cant figure out how to get key frames from a blender object IPO yet but I'm looking into it. In the mean time, I will work on skin animation support, getting key frames for this is pretty straight forward, I wish it was as straight forward for object animations.